Pleo Resurrection Continues
Robert Oschler at RobotsRule recently interviewed Derek Dotson, one of Ugobe's founders, on the tragic story of Pleo's demise. The good news is that the robotic dinosaur is back this year with these improvements:
* The problem with neck wires breaking which affected some Pleos has been fixed.
* The problem of the skin separating has been fixed.
* The premature wearing of the paint from Pleo's skin and teeth has been fixed. The new paint should last 3 times longer than the old one.
* The packaging Pleo comes in no longer uses Styrofoam and is biodegradable making it friendly to the environment.
* The battery chargers have a new switch with two positions, one for regular charging and another that uses a special charging mode created specifically for those batteries that don't charge properly.
Via Robots Rule
Read More in: Interview | Pleo | Robot Toys | Ugobe Pleo
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Robot Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Sheila Franklin at November 4, 2009 9:10 AM